[asterisk-users] Transfers on AgentLogin()

Mark Hamilton mark.h at cage151.com
Sat Sep 6 22:13:29 CDT 2008

Hi Matt,

I guess I needed to dial the #2 REAL FAST to get the transfer sequence and
show features showed nothing because I was reloading, not restarting. After
I figured out the restart:

Builtin Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
Pickup                    *8      *8
Blind Transfer            #       ##9
Attended Transfer                 #2
One Touch Monitor
Disconnect Call           *       *
Park Call

Dynamic Feature           Default Current
---------------           ------- -------
(none)

Call parking
------------
Parking extension   :   700
Parking context     :   default
Parked call extensions: 701-720

Now, on the eyebeam when I'm on the persistent agentlogin() and the call
comes in, I have to do #2 REAL FAST, and it says "Transfer", I type 2 and it
transfers to an external call and I can talk to the agent on 2, while the
caller hears the hold music.

So, I guess the only two things I need to figure out now are:

a) How can I make it so #2 doesn't have to be exceptionally fast, and maybe
get a second of delay in there permitted?
b) After I start the transfer and talk to the other agent about the caller
I'm about to transfer, how do I 1) patch the caller into the call with me
and the other agent, and then when they start getting friendly and I want to
leave, how do I leave that call?

Thanks a lot guys!
PS: Totally unrelated, but if this agent's internet goes down, somehow the
queue still keeps him logged in for atleast a few minutes. When agent gets
internet back and tries to log back in, it says already logged in unless it
automatically "falls off" or someone force logs them out. How can I solve?