[asterisk-users] [FreeBSD 6.3] Right-way to recover Zaptel?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Sat Sep 6 12:17:44 CDT 2008

Hello

	I'm running Asterisk 1.4.20.1 on a FreeBSD that I compiled from the
Ports collection.

It's the second time I'm having an issue with a FXO card and/or the
Zaptel driver. I couldn't figure out what else to do, so I just
rebooted the server, but I'd like to know what happened, and whether
there's a less drastic solution.

Here's some infos:

===========
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop
 zaptelkldunload: can't find file wcte12xp.ko: No such file or
directory
kldunload: can't find file wcte11xp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file wct4xxp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file wct1xxp.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy
kldunload: can't find file wcfxo.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file tau32pci.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't find file qozap.ko: No such file or directory
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy

Sep  6 19:11:12 freebsd kernel: kldunload: attempt to unload file that
was loaded by the kernel

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    9 0xc0400000 7a05b0   kernel
 2    1 0xc0ba1000 5c304    acpi.ko
12    1 0xc2d6c000 19000    linux.ko
13    1 0xc3ba9000 32000    zaptel.ko
17    1 0xc3c0d000 a000     wcfxs.ko

# kldunload -i 13
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy

# kldunload -i 17
kldunload: can't unload file: Device busy