[asterisk-users] dahdi & tdm400p: no luck

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 19:39:16 CDT 2008

sean darcy wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

>>> I've got 1.6.0-rc4 up again.
>>>
>>> cat /proc/dahdi/*
>>> Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5" (MASTER)
>>>
>>> 	   1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS
>>> 	   2 WCTDM/4/1 FXOKS
>>> 	   3 WCTDM/4/2
>>> 	   4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS
>>>
>>> and dahdi_cfg seems to have worked:
>>>
>>> dahdi_cfg -vv
>>> DAHDI Tools Version - 2.0.0-rc2
>>>
>>> DAHDI Version: 2.0.0-rc3
>>> Echo Canceller(s):
>>> Configuration
>>> ======================
>>>

>>> Channel map:
>>>
>>> Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>>> Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
>>> Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
>>>
>>> 3 channels to configure.
>>>
>>> Changing signalling on channel 1 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
>>> Changing signalling on channel 2 from Unused to FXO Kewlstart
>>> Changing signalling on channel 4 from Unused to FXS Kewlstart
>>>
>>> but still no luck. No dial tone for the internal phones, no answer on pstn.
>>>
>>> *CLI> dahdi show status
>>> Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC4
>>> Fra Codi Options  LBO
>>> Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5           OK      0      0      0
>>> CAS Unk  YEL      0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
>>> *CLI> dahdi show channels
>>>     Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
>>> Blocked    State
>>>   pseudo            default                    default
>>>         In Service
>>> *CLI> dahdi show channel 1
>>> Unable to find given channel 1
>>> Command 'dahdi show channel 1' failed.
>>>
>>> cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
>>> # note change in fxo_ks and fx2_ks. 1 & 2 are internal, 4 is extension
>>> fxoks=1,2
>>> fxsks=4
>>>
>>> loadzone        = us
>>> defaultzone     = us
>>>
>>> BTW, this file is sometimes referred to as dahdi.conf - to keep us on
>>> our toes.  and what is the comment sign ; or # ?
>>>
>>> cat /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
>>>
>>> [trunkgroups]
>>>
>>> [channels]
>>> usecallerid=yes
>>> callwaiting=yes
>>> usecallingpres=yes
>>> callwaitingcallerid=yes
>>> threewaycalling=yes
>>> transfer=yes
>>> canpark=yes
>>> cancallforward=yes
>>> callreturn=yes
>>> echocancel=no
>>> echocancelwhenbridged=no
>>> echotraining=no
>>>
>>> group=1
>>> callgroup=1
>>> pickupgroup=1
>>>
>>> callprogress=yes
>>> progzone=us
>>> tonezone = 0 ; 0 is US
>>> jbenable = yes              ; Enables the use of a jitterbuffer on the
>>> receiving side of a
>>>                                ; DAHDI channel. Defaults to "no". An
>>> enabled jitterbuffer will
>>>                                ; be used only if the sending side can
>>> create and the receiving
>>>                                ; side can not accept jitter. The DAHDI
>>> channel can't accept jitter,
>>>                                ; thus an enabled jitterbuffer on the
>>> receive DAHDI side will always
>>>                                ; be used if the sendi
>>>
>>> [home-phones]
>>> context=internal      ; Uses the [internal] context in extensions.conf
>>> signalling=auto     ; fxo_ks Use FXO signalling for an FXS channel - as
>>> set in sytem.conf.conf
>>> ;channel => 1          ; Telephone attached to port 1
>>> ;channel => 2          ; Telephone attached to port 2
>>> dahdichan => 1,2
>>>
>>> [pstn]
>>> context=incoming-pstn-line  ; Incoming calls go to [incoming-pstn-line]
>>> in extensions.conf
>>> signalling=auto     ; fxs_ks Use FXS signalling for an FXO channel - use
>>> as set in system.conf
>>> faxdetect=incoming
>>> busydetect=yes
>>> ;channel => 4
>>> dahdichan => 4          ; PSTN attached to port 4
>> Looks OK.
>>
>> What messages do you get when you run in the CLI:
>>
>>   dahdi restart
>>
> dahdi restart
>   Destroying channels and reloading DAHDI configuration.
>         > Initial softhangup of all DAHDI channels complete.
>         > Final softhangup of all DAHDI channels complete.
>    == Unregistered channel -2
>    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf':   == Found
>    == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found

on starting, CLI shows:

ERROR[4384]: codec_dahdi.c:399 find_transcoders: Failed to open
/dev/dahdi/transcode: No such file or directory

Is this the problem?

sean