[asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question

Amaru Netapshaak postfix_amaru at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 13:58:45 CDT 2008

Bob,

I should have added that I have disabled hardware EC on the T1 ports.

Here is a sample of my zapata.conf -- channels 1-23 are my incoming PRI.
This PRI handles both Voice AND FAX calls.  Having the hardware EC
disabled makes for poor voice communications, and im looking for a way to
enable/disable EC per the call type.   I understand that "echoncancelwhenbridged"
and Zapata should be telling my A104d to enable/disable HWEC automatically.

Channel 25 is the first FXS port on my Rhino CB.  It has a FAX directly
attached to it.

[channels]
language                =  en
switchtype              =  national
signalling              =  pri_cpe
pridialplan             =  national
prilocaldialplan        =  national
faxdetect               =  both
echotraining            =  no
echocancel              =  256
echocancelwhenbridged   =  no
relaxdtmf               =  yes
overlapdial             =  no
usecallingpres          =  yes
amaflags                =  default
context                 =  default
group                   =  1
channel                 => 1-23

signalling              = fxo_ls
faxdetect               = both
echotraining            = no
echocancel              = no
echocancelwhenbridged   = no
relaxdtmf               = yes
context                 = default
callerid                = "FAX" <1112222>
channel                 => 25

Thanks for your assistance everyone!