[asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Sep 5 12:58:00 CDT 2008

If I am not mistaken every single echo canceler out there will disable
itself if it detects a fax tone.

Echo Cancelers do not screw up faxes, people screw up faxes. 8-)

Bob Pierce wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:19 -0700, Amaru Netapshaak wrote:
>> I have a Sangoma A104d T1 card, a Rhino 24-port FXS box, and am
>> running
>> Asterisk 1.4.21.2
>
> I think you're mostly right on this setup, but I wonder if your A104d is
> doing some hardware echo cancellation on these calls. If I'm not
> mistaken, that can mess up fax machine communications.
>
> Bob

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.