[asterisk-users] New Versions of Asterisk, Asterisk-addons, Zaptel, and DAHDI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 5 12:25:31 CDT 2008

Steve Repo wrote:

> AFAIK, Zaptel is no longer supported. I'd recommend dahdi if it's a new setup.

Zaptel is still 'supported', in that we'll help you analyze problems,
fix your configuration, etc. The only area where Zaptel is not
'supported' is that we won't be making any more regular releases, except
for fixing critical bugs in the 1.4.12 release (of which I've seen one
or two reports so far).

If you are comfortable with Zaptel, and plan to use only hardware in the
system that is currently supported with Zaptel, then stick with it for
now. DAHDI is still in 'release candidate' state anyway, so only people
willing to test it out should be using it, it is not recommended for
production systems yet.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies