[asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question

Amaru Netapshaak postfix_amaru at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 11:19:53 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have a Sangoma A104d T1 card, a Rhino 24-port FXS box, and am running
Asterisk 1.4.21.2

FAXing works, but not so reliably. I'm wondering what I might have to do in
 order to make this work. I have my FAX machines connected to individial
FXS ports on my Rhino FXS channel bank, and that Channel Bank is
connected to port #2 on my Sangoma A104d.

All my incoming calls come across a PRI which is connected to
port #1 on that Sangoma Card.

Port #2 is configured to get its timing from port #1.

Right now, when a FAX comes in, it hits the corresponding extension in
my extensions.conf, and then I have it Dial the appropriate Zap channel. eg:

exten => 1112222,1,dial(Zap/23,20)

1112222 being the FAX number in question. (obviously).

Is this the right thing to do?=A0 I constantly see in my CLI

"Fax detected on Zap/XX, but not FAX extension"

Should I be transferring these calls to the right Zap channel instead of
Dialing? Or should I be using that new fangled "ChannelRedirect" ?

Im pretty much lost on this.. any direction/advice is appreciated!!

Thank you!