[asterisk-users] Asterisk Crash

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 09:41:14 CDT 2008

In article <48BEF6EC.30506 at productiveconcepts.com>,
Josiah Bryan <jbryan at productiveconcepts.com> wrote:
> Well, at the time I wrote the AGI, fewestcalls wasn't an option (or at
> least, I couldn't find it through googling or on the voip-info wiki).
>
> Since then, the script has been in production use for 3+ years and I
> havn't bothered to go back rework the dialplan. Sorry for the trouble
> though.
>
> However, it still begs the question, why does Dial seem to "fall
> through" like that after the operator transfers the call? Is that
> expected/designed behavior? If yes, Has that changed since the 1.0 days
> of asterisk? If yes, Is there a switch that can turn that off?
>
> Thanks for your patience with all these questions.

You might want to look at the j option to Dial.

In 1.0 days, a failed Dial would jump to priority n+101. Before 1.2 this
got changed so it didn't. Instead you were supposed to check ${DIALSTATUS}.
However, for compatibility, the old jump behaviour can be reinstated with
the j option.

The above applies when Dial is called from the dialplan. I have no idea
whether it applied when Dial was called from EXEC in AGI, but it's worth
a try.

Cheers
Tony
--