[asterisk-users] extensions.conf programming?

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Thu Sep 4 19:54:56 CDT 2008

> A cheaper alternative would be the voip wiki.
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-
> index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20extensions.conf

Unfortunately, as advised by other asterisk users,
http://www.voip-info.org  is sometimes really not that up-to-date.
However, that does not mean that we should give up on using and updating
http://www.voip-info.org because I think it is still the best voip
resource.

The best way is still to double check with the asterisk version that you
have installed by running CLI like below:

*CLI> core show function
AGENT                ARRAY                BASE64_DECODE
BASE64_ENCODE        BLACKLIST            CALLERID
[...]
VMCOUNT
*CLI> core show application
AddQueueMember           ADSIProg                 AgentCallbackLogin

[...]
ZapScan                  ZapSendKeypadFacility

*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'WaitExten' =-

[Synopsis]
Waits for an extension to be entered

[Description]
  WaitExten([seconds][|options]): This application waits for the user to
enter
a new extension for a specified number of seconds.
  Note that the seconds can be passed with fractions of a second. For
example,
'1.5' will ask the application to wait for 1.5 seconds.
    m[(x)] - Provide music on hold to the caller while waiting for an
extension.
               Optionally, specify the class for music on hold within
parenthesis.