[asterisk-users] extensions.conf programming?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Thu Sep 4 13:13:36 CDT 2008

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hey, all.  I haven't really gotten deep into Asterisk since 1.0.x, and I'm
> afraid I've forgotten a fair bit.  One big thing that I've forgotten is
> the syntax, etc., for extensions.conf.  Where do I find that?  I'm looking
> for stuff about commands, syntax for commands, variables, etc.  Is there a
> handy-dandy manpage, webpage, or what-have-you that I'm missing?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ken

Your best bet is to read chapters 5 and 6 of Asterisk: The Future of Telephony.

Here's a link for the book itself:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510480/

Here's a link for the downloadable pdf:
http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf

Here's a link for the book in html format
http://tfot.leifmadsen.com

Best of luck to you!
Mark Michelson