[asterisk-users] New Install using DAHDI

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Sep 4 08:03:19 CDT 2008

I am about to setup a new Asterisk box which only uses SIP.
I used to simply use menuselect with Zaptel and choose the tools
that Asterisk required to exist and ztdummy.

Now with Dahdi, I am reading http://svn.digium.com/view/dahdi/tools/tags/2.0.0-rc2/UPGRADE.txt?view=co
and I understand I no longer can use menuselect as everything gets built.

Everything looks pretty trivial except the echo canceller portion.
I have never configured this on my SIP only systems without any
physical hardware (no digium cards) so can what should be my
strategy for running dahdi_cfg tool in this scenario where I
have a few SIP did's coming in with several SIP phones on the inside?

Thanks!
jlc