[asterisk-users] ASTERISK supported Video phone

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Sep 4 03:18:07 CDT 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Tharanga wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Can some one recommend a good video phone for asterisk (SIP.IAX2). I need
> better quality,  duarability. and should support various video codec's
> .(Codec auto negotiation support id prefferble)

I suspect that the choices are so limited right now that "good" or "bad"
is going to be very subjective. Grandstream GXP3000's appear to work from
what I've heard others say, as does X-Lite (eyebeam?) softphone, Ekega
(softphone) and ATL video phones...

Then theres Polycoms with an extra zero aded to the price...

Some people have reported good results with the BT Videophone 1000 units
too.. (avalable for <£60 a pair, but they need to have the early s/w
release on them)

I'm just about to order up a paid of Grandstreams for a project...

(Hm. Can I trunk video over IAX?)

Gordon