[asterisk-users] New Versions of Asterisk, Asterisk-addons, Zaptel, and DAHDI

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 3 21:10:57 CDT 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 8:32 PM, sean darcy wrote:

> Great.
>
> But I'm still a little confused.
>
> Does zaptel 1.4.12 work with asterisk-1.6.0-rc4?

No.  Asterisk 1.6.0 now _only_ supports DAHDI.

> It looks like we first upgrade to zaptel 1.4.12, and then to dahdi. We
> can go back to this release of zaptel if we have problems with dahdi.
>
> Or if we go back to zaptel, do we go back to 1.6.0-beta9 also?

You can upgrade directly to DAHDI.  However, if you have trouble with
DAHDI and need to go back to Zaptel, then I would go back to Asterisk
1.4 instead of using an old beta of 1.6.0.  Many things have been
fixed since 1.6.0-beta9.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer