[asterisk-users] Ringing on Console after a page

Josiah Bryan jbryan at productiveconcepts.com
Wed Sep 3 15:49:37 CDT 2008

Good questions - the only answer to the Goto is that this was a legacy
dialplan that I first wrote 3+ years ago when I first set up asterisk -
and I havn't gone go back and re-work it after learning more about
asterisk - it worked up till the upgrade to 1.4 and that was that.

However, you're right - simpler is better anyway. I changed it to the
249,n,Dial(Console/dsp) format (as you described below) and it still
plays the ringing indicator over the console after I hangup my phone.

As an aside, In the 3+ years that the system has been online, users know
that when they dialed 249 and heard "Goodbye!" right away, they weren't
going to be able to page and "Something was wrong." (Usually, someone
had put 249 on hold or something like that.) Thats the primary reason I
left the goodbye in there.

Anyway, thoughts on how to debug?

Thanks for your help and your suggestions.
-josiah