[asterisk-users] PRI Splitter

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Mon Sep 1 13:19:08 CDT 2008

> So this card has interesting price position, the main drawback being,
> IMHO,
> it's eating a slot, which can be a rare resource in rackable servers.

You raise a very important point.  This device uses a BRACKET, but not a
motherboard SLOT.
In other words, it hangs free in one of the chassis slots that do not
have a corresponding slot on the motherboard.
If you do not have a bracket slot, you could mount it externally, but
you'd have to engineer a way to hold it.

FYI, As an analog failover device it can fail over as many as 4 analog
lines.  I think it's a really attractive value proposition.

-Karl