[asterisk-users] Problematic Trunk SIP: Got SIP response 405 "Method not allowed"

daniele visaggio visaggio.daniele at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 04:07:33 CDT 2008

Hi guys,

I need to create a SIP trunk between my * (trixbox) and a legacy Samsung
pbx. I create the SIP trunk as usual: the calls from my * to the Samsung pbx
worked immediately, but I can not place any calls from the Samsung pbx to
the *.

On the * CLI I see several errors of this type:  -- Got SIP response 405
"Method not allowed" back from 10.1.1.11 (Samsung Pbx IP); in RFC3261 (pag.
185) it's written:

405 Method Not Allowed: The method specified in the Request-Line is

understood, but not allowed for the address identified by the Request-URI.

The response MUST include an Allow header field containing a list of

valid methods for the indicated address.

What does it mean? How can i fix this problem?

Thanks - Kind Regards

Daniele