[asterisk-users] up to 3000 lines capacity asterisk Deployment

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri Oct 31 12:29:57 CDT 2008

You can use individual Asterisk boxes to feed a subset of the 3000 phones (ie 96 analog ports) That would be 1 4 port card with 4 T1 channels banks. You could think of these as RTs (Remote Terminals) and then you can use DunDI to have the calls 'routed' to the correct RT. The good thing about this is that calls can go directly between RTs with out needing to go to a master server.

You could also offer them redundancy as each section of the campus will be 'self-sufficient'.

I would use VoIP to interconnect the RT's as well as access servers to the PSTN.

This is basically what you have done with the installs you have already mastered. Think of it as just a few of the clients 'interconnected' :-)

Please feel free to contact me off-list if you need anymore help...

Alex

 Kindly consider the environment before printing this e-mail.