[asterisk-users] ISDN - BRI

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 30 13:44:40 CDT 2008

Subsequent to some previous E-Mails, I've been trying to dig into the ISDN - BRI situation a bit more.  I have determined that I have a HFC card with Winbond chip, but I'm not sure what combination of drivers is best or usable.

zaphfc is out because it only supports the cologne chip.

misdn is a possibility.  I haven't determined if it supports the card natively, or needs a card specific driver under it.

capi is a possibility, but again, I don't know what driver, if any needs to be under it.

capi can support misdn under it, but I don't know if this is an advantage or not, and again whether a card driver needs to be under misdn

libpri 1.4.4 is supposed to work, provided you unpatch the bad patch in the source and compile it--again, I'm not sure what driver, if any needs to be under it.

F9 detected the card and loaded some sort of driver support for it, but I don't know if that covers the lower levels appropriately.

Can anyone provide more specific information or suggest which of these approaches is most likely to work, most likely to be stable, or supported for the future, or support the most features?  It would appear there are at least four possible ways that might work, but I can't determine which is best.

Thanks,
Wilton