[asterisk-users] Dealing with progress codes

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 13:56:40 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Juan Rodríguez <jerdguez at gmail.com> wrote:

> With a script connecting to a DB server and looking for the prefix, is a
> good solution. This way you don't need to force the user to dial the the
> leading 1 (or not to do it), you just look on the DB server and if it does
> not matches a local prefix then you dial with the leading 1.

What method do you use to determine if an area code or NPA-NXX is local to
your area?  In my area, with the presence of things like EACS extended
calling or other methods, I haven't found any reliable method for this.

In case EACS is something specific to my area, its a line-based feature that
extends a number's calling scope, but seems to be different from metro
calling and not specifically defined anywhere but Telcordia documents, I
suppose.