[asterisk-users] CHANUNAVAIL with a TDM800 card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 30 13:20:46 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:03:03AM -0700, hin lee wrote:
> I got this working.  For what it's worth, here's what the issue.
>
> The channel wasn't getting created under FreePBX via script.  Here's what I needed to do:
>
> 1) Run genzaptelconf  to generate the zaptel configs

This generates you /etc/zaptel.conf and
/etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf (or /etc/asterisk/zapata-auto.conf ,
in the modified versions by some distributions).

> 2) find the channel the port(s) is on.
>
> 	cat /proc/zaptel/*
>
> 3) comment out the unused ports in /etc/zaptel.conf based on step 2 result.

Why?

> 4) put in the available channel in /etc/asterisk/zapata-channels.conf
>
> ie. channel => 1

So I gather it has generated for you zapata-auto.conf but zapata.conf
#include-s zapata-channels.conf . You're confused (or someone did some
bad integration work).

> 5) comment out the unused channels in /etc/asterisk/zapata-auto.conf
>

> http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/administration-guide/interfacing-to-a-pstn

This thing should be removed. It is aufully confusing and completely
outdated. I think it is slightly worse than no information at all, as
the defaults of freepbx would have worked for you if you just ran
genzaptelconf .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com