[asterisk-users] up to 3000 lines capacity asterisk Deployment

Dumpolid Exeplish dumpexec at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:02:52 CDT 2008

Hello All,

I have a request from a prospectieve client to deploy a PBX capacity
that can do up to 3000+ lines within a geographic region similar to a
campus. The client wants analog lines for extensions and maybe VoIP
for some backhaul traffic while the other traffic would be carrid via
E1 channels. The client has other proposals to buy a mid, range telco
switch from alcatel or simens but i am trying to convince him
otherwise. Though i have deployed Asterisk PBX in mid range offices
(like up to 60 lines), i have never deployed anything of this
magnitude. Can anyone help me by giving me information on how this
sort of deployment would work, keeping in mind that the extensions
would all be analog and not VOIP. I have seen some documentation on
SpiderMUX (TDMoE) and some other channelized MUXes using USB
interfaces but then, how would i even start to build a PBX of this
magnitude in the first instance? Any suggestions would be welcomed