[asterisk-users] app_swift installation problems

dlynam at gmail.com dlynam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:10:43 CDT 2008

Hi, I have tried installing app_swift on both mac os x and ubuntu now
and am getting the same error. I must be missing something, as I have
tried multiple versions and everytime do sudo make install i get:

if ! [ -f /etc/asterisk/swift.conf ]; then \
install -m 644 swift.conf.sample /etc/asterisk/swift.conf ; \
fi
if [ -f app_swift.so ]; then \
install -m 755 app_swift.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules ; \
fi

and when i do just sudo make, it spits out a ton of junk, this is at
the end:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.4/include/stddef.h:214: error:
declaration for parameter ‘size_t’ but no such parameter
app_swift.c:451: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input
make: *** [app_swift.o] Error 1

Im not sure whats going on here, i have setup asterisk and gotten it
configured with the x-lite soft phone, so i know that is working. I
am ultimately trying to use adhearsion to integrate with my rails
app. I have also installed cepstral voices and these work in the
terminal so i am confident that is also installed correctly. Thanks.