[asterisk-users] CDP (was Re: network design philosophy and practice)

Kristian Kielhofner kkielhofner at star2star.com
Wed Oct 29 13:27:24 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Drew Gibson <drew at oanda.com> wrote:

> I tried out the cdp-tools some time ago (it may have been on your
> recommendation, Kristian) but with no success.
> Is it possible to disable CDP on the 7940 (image_version : "P0S3-08-2-00")?
>
> regards,
>
> Drew

Hmmm...  I guess I'd like to know why it didn't work for you but in
the meantime it's pretty easy to disable CDP.  I've never used 8.x but
up through 7.x there was an option to disable CDP in the setup menu on
the phone.  Because CDP discovery is the first thing these phones do,
there isn't a way (at least not one that's practical) to disable it in
a config file.*

* Classic chicken or the egg...

--
Kristian Kielhofner