[asterisk-users] Current Open Source Billing Package

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Wed Oct 29 12:55:54 CDT 2008

After spending a couple hours scanning for an open source (non-
commercial) billing package yesterday I am underwhelmed. Almost all of
the packages listed on the WIKI appear to be defunct, for several
years now. I will be happy to get a login and edit them out if that is
the proper method to do so.

My requirements are very minimal and at this point unless I have
missed something will just write my own.

I do not do calling cards. I have no near term need for the package to
actually talk with asterisk at all, other than to import the CDR
either via files or as a login to MySQL.

I do have monthly recurring charges which need to be included monthly.

I do occasionally have need to one off (manual) billing charges.

Rating for calls would be nice but not mandatory ( we have very
minimal International).

Ability to export to an accounting package a plus.

Ability to generate hard copy Invoices and/or email them to the cust.

Ability to generate a list of current Invoices.

Runs on Linux.

All in all not a very complex set of requirements, but the few
packages that seem to be currently offered generally do not fit the
bill. Yes there are many commercial packages, but unless they are very
minimal in cost I have no interest in them.

So my question is, have a missed a golden nugget out there?

tia
Jerry