[asterisk-users] Decent Voip Phones for enterprise

David Gibbons dave at videon-central.com
Wed Oct 29 07:58:21 CDT 2008

Gordon,

My guess is that you're a contractor so I can understand why you'd want to keep yourself in high demand by steering clear of the methods that simplify deployment and redeployment.

As an employee on the other hand, I want to make things as easy and integrated as I can in order to simplify my own work and keep my employer happy. This mandates the central management features and integration with an existing active directory.

Dave

--snip--
I always wondered about this - my target is the SME - say 4-150 seats - people don't move desks, change office that often, staff "churn" is typically low, so I program the phones once then leave them there. If you move desk you take your phone with you. If you leave then the phone can be renamed via it's web interface relatively easily.
--snip--