[asterisk-users] fax / t38 gateway

Jonn R Taylor jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Tue Oct 28 20:17:56 CDT 2008

I have been able to repeat the results at other locations. The location that has 26 pages is a linksys PAP2T our accounting person uses remotely to fax stuff to the office. The ATA is behind a DIL-625 router with QOS on a DSL line.

I can send faxes from my test sever at home that is using an IAX trunk to our office, same ATA. FAX--->ATA--->SIP--->Asterisk/gateway/QOS_shaper--->cablemodem--->internet--->cablemodem_office--->QOS_bridge--->asterisk/iaxmodem-hylafax So, if you look at the protocols that are used it is SIP--->IAX--->SIP--->PSTN or SIP--->IAX--->IAXmodem

This same connection is currently handling 4000 emails a day, webmail, POP, IMAP, MAPI, VPN traffic, web traffic, and normal web surfing with downloading. One test that I did with the download is started a 650MB iso download at about 900kB. Now at the same time started to send and receive faxes at the same time and worked.

Jonn