[asterisk-users] Decent Voip Phones for enterprise

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 28 19:41:20 CDT 2008

Kev Szaszvari wrote:
> Hi there
>
> Our company is using the Linksys SPA-942 Phones, and they are pretty
> useless.
> They dont have any central management or provisioning, as well as a
> pretty bad interface.

This is completely incorrect.  Linksys SPA-942s *do* have the ability
for central management.  It's done via an XML file - the details on
which you can get by opening your web browser and going to
http://<ip.of.your.phone>/admin/spacfg.xml which will return the full
configuration of your phone as it currently stands.

As for the interface, whilst it's not the best I've seen, it's far from
the worst.

> Can anyone reccomend any voip phones( Cisco, Polycom, SNOM ) that have
>
> * Central Management for all the phones (We dont mind if we have to
> buy the software to manage them)
> * Programable shortcut buttons, So i can program in on certian phones
> quick dials to queues.
> * Optional but bonus, The ability to have a shared address book
> accross the phones.

Snom phones (320 and above) have all the features you ask for here.