[asterisk-users] Sendmail for Voicemail

asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Tue Oct 28 18:39:20 CDT 2008

When I send email from my local asterisk machine, my IP address get's
RBL'd.

Asterisk is my only reason for running sendmail, so to keep it simple, I
tried to make my ISP's mail server a 'smart host' (relaying to a trusted
mail server) but my ISP doesn't allow ANY kind of relaying these days.

I imagine there are many like me who are not sendmail experts who want
to send Asterisk Voicemal.  Can someone direct me to the quick, dirty
and secure way to send mail from my asterisk box?  The good news is that
I'm on a Fixed IP on a registered network with working reverse
in-addr.arpa lookups, and as you might have guessed, all mail would
originate from the local host.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

-Karl