[asterisk-users] Asterisk and rawplayer

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Mon Oct 27 12:55:19 CDT 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm using the "rawplayer" program to provide my music-on-hold, and it works
very well, with one small drawback: every time I reset Asterisk, for any
reason, the MoH resets to the beginning of the list. Since MoH isn't used
that often, it basically means the same track is played over & over again...

What I'd like to do is have rawplayer continuously playing away in the
background, even if it's playing to itself only, so there's an excellent
chance that any caller who will be given the pleasure of my MoH choices,
will get a different tune to the one s/he heard last time...

Any ideas?

Asterisk is v1.4.18.1, running on Ubuntu 2.6.20-15.27-server.

Cheers,
Ade.