[asterisk-users] Fring: Open VPN client to be installed on the mobile, which mobile?

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 11:10:48 CDT 2008

Dear Cohen;

Two things I am not able to understand them:

1) Why I need to do jailbreak? Can not download and install and work?
2) OpenMoko: on which kind of mobiles it work?

And, any advise if I can run open vpn on Nokia?

Regards
Bilal

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 03:26:07PM +0300, Atis Lezdins wrote:
> As i recall, iphone runs on Mach kernel, which should be UNIX
> compatible.

Mach is a very low-level component of the Mac OS-X . It is not related
to UNIX-like functionality. It is originally used as a micro-kernel, but
in the OSX is is not quite so. On top of it there is some code derived
from FreeBSD. But on top of that there are other layers.

And anyway, I'm not so sure iphone would allow you to mess with its
networking stack that way (likewise for any limited app running jailed
on a phone).

> Of course you would have to jailbreak it.
> Or you can try Openmoko, which is pure Linux.

Given that there's already Asterisk running on the OpenMoko, I bet
openvpn is there as well :-)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com