[asterisk-users] Sporadic One Way Audio

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Mon Oct 27 09:55:44 CDT 2008

I don't think it's a snom specific issue as I have 5 branch offices all
with identical configurations and only one of the 5 is experiencing this
problem.  I have checked and re-checked the config files until they're
practically burned into my brain and everything appears looks OK.  Any
place there is a config option for the server address it matches the
server's physical address.  The phones and all computers on the network
are statically assigned (these are very small 1-person or 2 at the most
offices) so I'm absolutely sure that there is no chance of an IP
conflict.  The phones and the Asterisk server are plugged in to the same
ethernet switch.

I have tried tried using both sip debug and Wireshark to try to catch
anything relating to this, but the calls seem to happen very rarely and,
as usually happens when I'm trying to troubleshoot some sporadic
problem, the two people in that office can't ever reliably reproduce
this when I happen to be in the office or remotely logged in to the server.

To make things even more difficult, the Snom phones have a switch built
in to them and the PC's are in the pass-through port.  This means that
any traffic generated by the phones is in the PC's blind spot.  Anyway,
I've got about 1000 other projects going right now.  Once I get a couple
of the more pressing ones knocked out I'll try to spend a couple of days
at the problematic office and see if I can't come up with some way to
resolve the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Brent