[asterisk-users] How to bind a SIP channel to an IP

srinivas Antarvedi srinivas.antarvedi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 08:42:44 CDT 2008

Hello members,

Mysetup:

Asterisk 1.4
Phones:Polycom501

I wanted to register my polycom phones only from a fixed IP(on LAN )

i tried following scenarios and my results are described as follows

1)sip.conf
  [xxx]
  host=192.168.0.15

 result is after some time the registration expires
and i was unable to receive calls on my channel...

2)sip.conf
[xxx]
defaultip=192.168.0.15

i) result is after some time the registration expires
and i was unable to receive calls on my channel

ii)it is even allowing me to register from another
 ip address say 192.168.0.16

3)sip.conf
[xxx]
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.0.15

in this case i dont have any problems and it was
working fine...

can anybody helpme out to bind the phones to a particular ip
if not is it possible to do at all

just give me a hint so that i will work on

Thanks in advances

Srinivas Antarvedi