[asterisk-users] Secure WAN connection too * extention

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Oct 27 07:42:05 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 8:34 AM, hbk <fotok at online.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to encrypt connection to an * extension ?
>
> To soft phone or preferably a HW phone?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards
> HB
> Norway

Both are fairly trivial if you control the two endpoints.  If you are
just worried about WAN then setup two servers running OpenVPN, one on
each side and either bridge or route.

Other than that I believe that IAX2 has this ability but in my opinion
is not "Ready for Prime Time" and the SIP implementation is way too
buggy from what I have gathered from the developers list.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro