[asterisk-users] Strange ring tone: Long-Short-Short

Joseph syscon780 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:58:44 CDT 2008

What influence the ring tone and patterns is the setting under "Regional" Tab
Ring1 Cadence: 60(2/4) (this is default setting)

and selections under "User 1" Tab
Default Ring: 1

I was thinking about it yesterday "Sinusoid vs. Trapezoid" setting as all the units I have several old Sipura unit and few Linksys units and they are all set to
"Trapezoid".  I don't remember the reason why I set them this way but I had some problem with "Sinusoid" setting on Sipura units.  All my old-Sipura ring normally with
"Trapezoid" setting.  I'll try to change it back to "Sinusoid" on LinkSys and will confirm later on the outcome (as the unit is not in my location).

As Sip in his post has mentioned, I have experienced some strange problem with Linksys units as well.
The old-Sipura units maybe they didn't have extra functionality like router etc but they are working without any incident for several years much better then the
current LinkSys unit.
So the old "solid" reputation of Sipura should not apply to current LinkSys units.

Linksys bought Sipura and bugger them up in addition LinkSys technical support is very poor.

--
#Joseph

--
#Joseph