[asterisk-users] Strange ring tone: Long-Short-Short

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Sun Oct 26 05:36:26 CDT 2008

Joseph wrote:
> I'm using Linksys SPA3102 adapter and have a strange ring tone:
> Long-Short-Short or Long-Long-Short-Short
>
> Does anybody know which setting adjust this ring tone on SPA3102
> Sipura rings normally. I'm not sure if setting are on Regional Tab or User Tab

Interestingly, I get that, too... but only SOMEtimes.

I swear, the number of weird issues I've had with the Linksys ATAs is
staggering -- occasionally losing all their stored configs, sometimes
refusing to set an IP either via DHCP or manually, weird rings, etc.
This has happened on at least a dozen of them, too. It's a wonder I keep
buying the things, but unfortunately, they have the reputation as being
the 'best' out there. Kind of sad.

It's almost certainly going to be somewhere under the regional tab in
one of the distinctive ring areas. But since mine are default, and I get
weird patterns only sometimes, I'm hesitant to tell you what values are
proper there.

N.