[asterisk-users] Sporadic One Way Audio

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Fri Oct 24 16:55:02 CDT 2008

I'm having an unusual problem at one of my branch offices.  Every now
and then they will make a call and the person they call is unable to
hear them, but they are able to hear the person.  The Asterisk server
has only one ethernet interface and is on the same physical network as
the 2 snom 300 phones and is connected to the PSTN lines with a  Rhino
R4FXO-EC card.  Usually hanging up and calling back solves the problem,
but it is still aggravating to the customer that has been called.
Normally I'd suspect that something was only passing packets in one
direction, but there is no firewall between the asterisk server and the
phones and no iptables or anything like that running on the Asterisk
server and sifting through sip debug logs to try to find one call out of
maybe 50 has so far proven fruitless.

Are there any common issues that might cause this?

Thanks,
Brent Davidson