[asterisk-users] Problems with zaptel/ztdummy/asterisk.

Richard Horton arimus.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:38:14 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've managed to build the zaptel modules including ztdummy; ztdummy is
installing fine in the modules list and the relevant device structures
are present.

lsmod | grep ztdummy gives:-
ztdummy                 5160  0
zaptel                186916  1 ztdummy
rtc                    12372  1 ztdummy

Where I'm stuck is I am now at a loss as to how to configure my
/etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapatel.conf files:-

Zaptel.conf contents are:-
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

#Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1" (MASTER)

# Global data

loadzone        = us
defaultzone     = us

Zapatel.conf is blank as i don't know what to put there - found plenty
of references on how to populate both files for hardware based zaptel
cards but very little information on making both config files work
with ztdummy.

Trying to fire up asterisk with the modules loaded:-
[Oct 24 13:36:50]
[Oct 24 13:36:50]   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf': Parsing
/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
[Oct 24 13:36:50] Found
[Oct 24 13:36:50]   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf': Parsing
/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf
[Oct 24 13:36:50] Found
[Oct 24 13:36:50]   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/logger.conf': Parsing
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf
[Oct 24 13:36:50] Found
[Oct 24 13:36:50] Asterisk Event Logger Started /var/log/asterisk/event_log
[Oct 24 13:36:50] ERROR[12348]: asterisk.c:3009 main: Asterisk has
detected a problem with your Zaptel configuration and will shutdown
for your protection.  You have options:
        1. You only have to compile Zaptel support into Asterisk if
you need it.  One option is to recompile without Zaptel support.
        2. You only have to load Zaptel drivers if you want to take
advantage of Zaptel services.  One option is to unload zaptel modules
if you don't need them.
        3. If you need Zaptel services, you must correctly configure Zaptel.

Without the ztdummy module loaded Asterisk is firing up - but then of
course I can't run the meetme application... which is rather key.

--
Richard Horton
Users are like a virus: Each causing a thousand tiny crises until the