[asterisk-users] Devstate and Voicemail

Marc Hudson marxom+asterisk at ipns.com
Thu Oct 23 11:36:52 CDT 2008

Have an interesting problem,

Using asterisk 1.6.0.1

Phone A receives voicemail, dials into VoiceMailMain, Phone B's BLF for
A lights up.
Phone A deletes the voicemail but still in VoiceMailMain, Phone B's BLF
for A goes off.
Phone A hang's up, Phone B's BLF for A goes on.

 From this point forward the Phone B's BLF  for A seems to always show
the opposite of
what it should.

I've looked at 'core show hints' and it is in fact reporting INUSE when
it's not, and NOT_INUSE
when it is.

Is this a bug or just some configuration option that I am missing?
Is there a way to manually change the devicestate for a channel?

Marc Hudson