[asterisk-users] 2 asterisk boxes

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Oct 22 07:38:58 CDT 2008

I am trying to setup a second asterisk box to play with console/dsp over
sip.

My sip.conf on the second box is:
[secondbox]
type=friend
username=secondbox
secret=secret
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
host=SERVERIP
context=consoledsp

The second box is not connecting to my asterisk server.
When I startup asterisk and I enter "sip set debug" I never see anything
being displayed...

sip show peers on the second box shows:
sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port
Status
secondbox               SERVERIP                              5060
Unmonitored
1 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0
offline]

However I never see connection attempts, I dont see anything being logged
that its failing to connect.

Sip show peers on the server has:
secondbox   (Unspecified)    D          0        Unmonitored

running "sip set debug" on the server I never see a connection attempt
from the secondbox to look
at any error messages why its not connecting.

I have done a "service iptables stop" on the second box. The server is
OK as it has phones on it.

How do I tell why the secondbox is not connecting to the server???
Thanks,

Jerry