[asterisk-users] hex b1 in CallerID sent by Asterisk On PRI

Bob Pierce pierceb at westmancom.com
Tue Oct 21 13:56:44 CDT 2008

I'm trying to send CallerID info to a MetaSwitch system over a PRI. The
MetaSwitch gets the info exactly as it is sent by Asterisk, but I think
it might be having trouble with the Hexadecimal b1 that is being sent
just before the first character of the CallerID Name.

Does anyone know what the significance is of the b1 being sent here?

Or, is there a way to make Asterisk not send the b1 character as a test?

I've pasted a portion of the PRI debug trace below.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

-- Making new call for cr 32985
> Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=55
> Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 217/0xD9) (Originator)
> Message type: SETUP (5)
> [04 03 80 90 a2]
> Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info transfer
capability: Speech (0)
>                              Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate: 64kbps,
circuit-mode (16)
>                                User information layer 1: u-Law (34)
> [18 03 a9 83 97]
> Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit  PRI  Spare: 0
Exclusive  Dchan: 0
>                        ChanSel: As indicated in following octets
>                       Ext: 1  Coding: 0  Number Specified  Channel
Type: 3
>                       Ext: 1  Channel: 23 ]
> [1e 02 80 83]
> Progress Indicator (len= 4) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0)
0: 0  Location: User (0)
>                               Ext: 1  Progress Description: Calling
equipment is non-ISDN. (3) ]
> [28 0a b1 54 65 73 74 20 4e 61 6d 65]
> Display (len=10) Charset: 31 [ Test Name ]
> [6c 0c 21 80 34 30 33 35 35 35 31 32 31 32]
> Calling Number (len=14) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI:
ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
>                           Presentation: Presentation permitted, user
number not screened (0)  '4035551212' ]