[asterisk-users] How Secure Is Asterisk

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Oct 21 13:42:19 CDT 2008

It's not 100% secure. Like any dual-key encryption, it's subject to the
classic man-in-the-middle attack. This is why the Windows Zfone app has
the addition of a visual key you can read and coordinate with the
recipient to determine if a MITM attack is occurring. But only if you
know what you're doing.

There is no such thing as an unbreakable system. YOU might not be able
to attack it with your limited resources, but someone determined enough
to do so, will find a way.

N.