[asterisk-users] Asterisk Console color

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Oct 21 12:16:18 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 11:43:31 Armand Fumal wrote:
> Since I'm using ubuntu 8.04.1 and asterisk 1.4.22 I cannot have color in
> console. Do I miss a package or compilation option ?

Neither.  The startup scripts changed slightly, such that they no longer
output to a terminal.  Because there is no console, Asterisk cannot detect
which control codes to send (hence, no color).  Note that if you startup
Asterisk with safe_asterisk, this isn't a problem, as safe_asterisk attaches
the process to a terminal (typically, pty8).

--
Tilghman