[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Oct 21 08:49:25 CDT 2008

SIP wrote:

> I see a lot of parellels there with OpenSIPS and SER. OpenSIPS is a
> stable plaform that has dozens of modules and documentation galore on
> how to mesh the system with this, that, and the other.  SER has
> rock-solid, incredibly innovative core code, but prefers to leave the
> writing of modules and documentation as an exercise for the user,
> thereby making it perhaps overly difficult for anyone to implement or
> integrate.

Perhaps, although I would argue that the core of OpenSIPS/Kamailio is by
far the most useful.  The modules simply provide an easier API and
automation for some tasks that would otherwise have to be done manually
in the route script or in one's own database, but they're mostly fairly
trivial.

Sometimes the modules' approach to a given task creates more problem
than it solves.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems