[asterisk-users] OPENR2 in Thailand

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 21 07:39:32 CDT 2008

Hi Peter,

Thailand is similar to China, except for two things.

- Some places require that billing pulses be generated.

- There may be places using DTMF instead of MFC.

The first issue is definitely the case. The second might just be the
false reporting of issues. People definitely used Unicall's MFC/R2
support successfully in Thailand where billing pulses were not required.
I don't think I ever found an accurate spec for that the billing pulses
should be like. I know the bits to twiddle, and the pulse length. What I
never really found was exactly when you need to send them.

Steve