[asterisk-users] ISDN PRI Caller ID problem

A.R. Nasir Qureshi nasir at mitco.pk
Mon Oct 20 23:17:40 CDT 2008

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your reply.

Please tell me if there is any way I can see the actual q931 message received from the card without any translation / filtration / alteration by the software or the driver ?

How much the switch type or other configuration variables affect the SETUP message being received ? What I am concerned is that may be the wrong switch type or other parameter may be causing the problem.

This is my first attempt at configuring an ISDN, and I want to be sure before I go after the telco.

--
Regards,

Nasir.

A.R. Nasir Qureshi wrote:

> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am trying to setup an ISDN line from local telco on a digium card. The
> > problem I am facing is that I am not getting any caller id from the
> > telco. They say that they have enabled caller id.

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your reply.

Please tell me if there is any way I can see the actual q931 message received from the card without any translation / filtration / alteration by the software or the driver ?

How much the switch type or other configuration variables affect the SETUP message ?

This is my first attempt at configuring an ISDN, and I want to be sure before I go after the telco.

Tell them they are wrong.  There is no calling party number IE in that
SETUP message below.  :-)

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.

--