[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Mon Oct 20 19:45:04 CDT 2008

Alex Balashov schrieb:
> SER is defunct.  Kamailio / OpenSIPS (formerly OpenSER) is the thing to do.

Well, i am not getting the correct meaning of 'defunct', but from the
last part of your suggestion i guess you value Kamailio/OpenSIPS more
than SER.

Are there some hard reasion for this.

I am in the process of deciding which SIP server i want to use with
Asterisk and just made a go at SER. Compilation was a little rough but
it was manageable. I threw away every module which funtionality i didn't
wanted at after it just worked.

I was able to register SIP phones at the server and configure an
outgoing rule so that every call that could not be handled by the SIP
server would go to Asterisk.

But i confess, that i didn't looked at the other two projects ... Maybe
they are so much better.

Can you please write one or two aspects that makes me understand better
why this two projects are the better choice ?

Thank you very much ...

Tobias