[asterisk-users] Transferring Outbound Calls

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Oct 20 12:19:23 CDT 2008

Incoming calls ring SIP users who have |Ttr in their dial plan, but outgoing calls are done through a macro as follows:

[macro-diallink2voip]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}@link2voip-sw2,120)
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-ANSWER,1,Hangup
exten => s-CONGESTION,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}@link2voip-sw1,120)
exten => s-CONGESTION,2,Goto(ss-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => s-CANCEL,1,Hangup
exten => s-BUSY,1,Busy(30)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Dial(SIP/${ARG1}@link2voip-sw1,120)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,Goto(ss-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => ss-ANSWER,1,Hangup
exten => ss-CONGESTION,1,Congestion(30)
exten => ss-CANCEL,1,Hangup
exten => ss-BUSY,1,Busy(30)
exten => ss-CHANUNAVAIL,1,Congestion(30)

When a user presses # both callers hear the keytone instead of getting a transfer prompt on
outbound calls. Would I be correct in assuming that I could add ",Ttr" after the 120 on all
the Dial lines? I am remote and need to direct a user to make this change who isn't very
technical so getting it right the first time would be great :)

Thanks!
jlc