[asterisk-users] adding a second extension

Juan Rodríguez jerdguez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 09:37:14 CDT 2008

I do not think NAT is the problem, NAT normally gives you problems like one
way audio or no registration.
Try calling the SIP/102 on other extension:

;TEST
exten => 1002,1,Dial(SIP,102|20)
exten => 1002,n,Hangup()

 instead of:

exten => 102,1,Dial...

But this is a very strange error... Check if there is no other definition of
default having 102 on it because Asterisk is going to merge the extensions.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Stephen Reese <rsreese at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Eric ManxPower Wieling
> <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> > ....ast_request: No channel type registered for ''SIP'
> >
> > Notice the extra ' in the message.
> >
> > That is either an error in the error message or you have a an extra ' in
> > your Dial line.  Something like Dial('SIP/....
> >
> > I'm surprised nobody else noticed this.
>
> I looked through my extensions.conf and sip.conf which are posted in
> this thread I believe and didn't turn up anything significant? Would
> NAT pose a problem for more then one phone behind a NAT router?

Juan E. Rodríguez
Cel. 829-886-5565
Work: 809-724-9227