[asterisk-users] srv records not being honoured properly

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 19 13:07:05 CDT 2008

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> That would be in ast_get_srv() then?  In 1.4.17 I do see weight
> processing but not priority processing.  I'd just go look at the code
> for 1.6.1 at svn.digium.com but that server does not not seem to be
> responding.  Reachable but HTTP requests seem to not be completing.

The HTTP viewer for SVN is down right now, due to being attacked by
spiders/robots/etc. and making the hosting server unusable. You can
check it out directly with SVN (even just a single file), or look at the
tarballs on downloads.digium.com.

> Strangely enough, I think priority processing is more important than
> weight processing.  If I were only going to implement one or the other I
> would have chosen priority I think.

I guess I'm wrong then... the weight processing is in 1.4 already, and
hasn't changed in 1.6. You are right, though, that there doesn't seem to
 be any priority ordering, which seems odd because it should be simple.
I'll see about adding that to 1.6.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies