[asterisk-users] SER + Asterisk

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sat Oct 18 12:51:04 CDT 2008

Joseph wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
> How to use UAC Module to register with a provider?
> Is there something like STUN for SER?
> I don't want to open too many ports on my firewall.

You do not need to open any ports on your firewall if your NAT gateway
does proper translation.

You cannot use the UAC module to register.  The proxy is an event-driven
element, by definition;  it cannot initiate anything, nor can it itself
possess UAC credentials.

What you can do with the UAC module is take advantage of the proxy's
ability to statelessly or statefully forward calls, branch calls, and
reply to particular feedback by mimicking some of the behaviour of a UAC
and/or sending an authentication digest in response to a registration or
proxy challenge.  But you can't use it to register with a provider as such.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems